Sunday, May 25, 2008

The lighter side of WISDOM.................


After a storm, a father and a son were driving along a road when they were forced to stop as part of a small tree had fallen and blocked the narrow road.“Father, if I tried very hard and used all my strength, would I be able to push this tree out of our way?” queried the son.“If you give it all you have and use all your strength, I don’t see why not”, replied the father.Mustering up all his energy and trying very hard, the son pushed and pulled continuously, but to his disappointment the tree hardly budged. He finally gave up and expressed disappointment when he said to his father,” You were mistaken; I was not able to do this”.His father lovingly patted him on his back and said,” But son, you didn’t give all that you had; you didn’t ask me to help”.

No comments: