Tuesday, July 22, 2008

To the Top of the Ladder


I was a scared little mouse
Hiding in the little hole.
Sometimes I would peak
And step out a bit.

But the Big cat would scare me
So I ran right back in
My lonely but safe home.

One day the cat got in
My little hole.
I still don’t know how, But boy!
Did I ever ran out!

You took me in your hands
To a strange place.
You showed me the ladder
To enter the big World

Oh! Did it seem so high
For a little mouse like me
But you promised to hold
My hand

I first hesitated
And didn’t cooperate.
But you never left me

I slowly climbed up.
Sometimes I’d trip
But I got right back up
So now I’m less scared
And almost at the top.

I could climb to the clouds,
I might trip and fall down
But I’d get right back up
Thanks to your hand.

Soon I’ll let go of your hand
And meet my fellows
In the big and noisy place
Called Society.
I’ll be with my fellows,
But I’ll never forget you.
Someday I’ll be the one to hold
Their hands
To lead them the way to the
Big place called Society

It’s been a long but worthy time
I’m almost to the last step.
You’re slowly letting go of my hand…
Oh! It’s getting scary!

But I will make you proud
Because I’ll make the Society
A safe and warm place.
Thanks to your caring
And warm hand.
I’ll be the One
To change the world

1 comment:

Vipul Shrivastava said...

wat a poem yaar!!! seriously.
sry bahut der baad post kar raha hoon, but i read it this late.

But seriously , Wat a Poem!!!!
nice work done prachi.